Kahuzi Biega National Park in DRC is the home of the Lowland Gorillas which are also known as the Eastern Lowland Gorillas. These gorillas have unique behaviorism that make it a worthwhile adventure to track them.
They are one of African most love primates depicted in the number that visit this park every now and then.
The Lowland gorillas can only bee seen in Kahuzi Biega National Park in the Democratic Republic Of Congo. It can take you a minimum of 3 days to track these gorillas.
What you need to know about the Lowland Gorillas:
1) They are herbivores and eat alot of plants seeds, leaves and tree barks. they also eat ants and other insects.
2) They are the largest of all the gorillas species.
3) A mature male weighs about 250 kgs and can be up to 2 meters tall.
4) Just like any other primates you are only allowed to spend one hour with these gorillas. you have the chance to feed them during that hour.
5) The major threats to these gorillas in habitat loss due to Agriculture and illegal settlement. Poaching is also key.
6)Just like the mountain gorillas, the lowland gorilla also make a new nest every single day. The young gorillas share a nest with their mother until the age of three.